Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: altec anniversary amps

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member valhallax's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    altec anniversary amps

    ok..a couple of questions on these amps . my 9446, when i turn it on, the protect light comes on for one channel..and stays on, yes its only running on the one side now. my 9444a..upon turning off, the clip lights on both channels light up, and then slowly fade out. and the other four im using currently..the protect lights come on upon powering down, and then slowly fade out.
    the four im using now just got an ashly xr4000 integrated into the rack, and im wondering if the signal fade needs extended before turn off. i usually just dial off the input signal then turn off my amps. do i wait a little bit to get rid of risidual input signals..that cant be it?
    the 9446..wheres the reset button?! is that funny?
    and the 9444a, whats up with the clip lights if theres no signal?
    "those sounds to which no definite pitch can be assigned are usually classified as noise"<br />harvey fletcher-1928

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: altec anniversary amps

    The LED blips at turnoff are just capacitors discharging through the LEDs as circuit voltages collapse. Not a problem.

    There's no manual protection reset for the 9446, it will automatically reset when the fault condition is corrected, or the protection circuit itself has problems.

    Best practice for power-down is amps off first, then progress 'forward'. Reverse the order for power-up, source first, amps last.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.